Monday, June 24, 2013

2013 Dayton Philharmonic Showhouse: Before and After

Today I'm sharing my space from the 2013 Dayton Philharmonic Showhouse that ran throughout the month of May. The showhouse was a great success and I've already received several phone calls for new projects/clients (as if I have time for more work! haha) I guess all the hard work paid off!

This year my space was on the third floor again. The way our committee does the room selection process is by a lottery system based on seniority. Since this was only my second showhouse, I pretty much get last pick! I'll probably have to do several more of these before I can more down a floor, haha. The third floor spaces are always the last to be chosen because no one wants to haul all their stuff up two flights of stairs. Well, I'll take what I can get. The sloped ceilings make for a cozy, unique space. You can see what I did for the last showhouse on my blog post HERE or, check out my website HERE.

Once again, here is the BEFORE of the space:
Remember the ugly carpet and sickening lighting?


Here is the AFTER:




I designed this space for a young adult (obviously female). I knew I wanted to do a younger space, but not quite as young as the playroom I did last time! When I first visited the house I thought if I were a teenager, this would be the room I would want for my own. It's so cozy and quiet and very private from the rest of the house. You could friends over and not bother anyone. So this is pretty much the ultimate suite for any teenage girl :)






Source: Housetrends 
Source: Housetrends 
If you would like to see more photos from the rest of the showhouse, you can visit Housetrend's website HERE. It's worth visiting!

Thank you to Elder Beerman Furniture Gallery for providing a lot of the furniture shown AND for delivering it all the way to the third floor for me, as well as picking it up. They were great!

Thank you Designer's Consignment for letting me borrow the perfect painting hanging on the back wall above the bed. It really set the tone for the rest of my space!

Thank you to Tim & John Weimer (my father and brother) for helping to install the lighting, move furniture, make repairs, etc.

AND of course, thank you to Brian Quinn my wonderful husband for helping me paint, carry up countless loads of accessories and put up with the house being an absolute wreck during this project.

Couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic room design! congratulations on your success!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete