Friday, September 28, 2012

Best "Before" Photos Ever.....

Good Lordy. Well, THIS is my space for the 2013 Oakwood Showhouse here in Dayton. Like last time, I'm on the third floor. But hey, has a newer designer I have to put in my time before I could ever dream of getting, oh lets say a conservatory with polished marble floors or a library with gorgeous woodwork and tracery ceilings.


This year's home is a 9,000+ square foot home built by the Rike family. The Rikes are kinda a legend here in Dayton and are best known for their department store downtown "Rike's" where anybody and everybody shopped (including my own grandmother). The home is gorgeous and stately sitting on 6 acres that includes a pool, pool house and tennis courts. 

And this is my room. 



With this carpet. 

There's a chance I can get the carpet replaced but what do you think, replace or embrace? You know I love a good challenge and I think rockin this carpet would certainly be quite an achievement.

Just wondering if it's even possible! I can handle the primaries but the puke brown undertones are really killing me. Ugh.

The showhouse doesn't open until spring but I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of brain power figuring this one out between now and then. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment