Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 Huber Heights EcoRehabarama


Each year Dayton hosts a "rehabarama" in a concentrated neighborhood in order to help promote home ownership and stabilize the community. The county buys up the oldest, roughest houses in the neighborhood and completely remodels them to include some really beautiful design features. This year's Rehabamara is named "EcoRehabarama" where each of the 10 home remodeled features green features. This year it is located in Huber Heights, a city known for the famous "Huber brick ranch." 10 homes were each adopted by a different local builder, remodeled to perfection and are open to the public for touring this weekend. All of the homes are for sale and listed at prices from $100,000-$126,00. For more information about the tour, please visit here

I was involved with staging one of the 10 houses which kept me pretty busy last week. Here's a sneak peak of what I did:

(I also designed and made the upholstered headboard myself....I'll show you how I did it later this week!)




And here are some of the other homes you can tour.

This one is called the "Modern Reclaimer" and had lofted ceilings, open living, dining and kitchen spaces, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Tracy Kraft of reDESIGNED did the staging and helped with fixture selection.  



This home's theme is "light and airy." They bumped out the back wall and added an entire wall of windows behind the kitchen. It truly is light and airy and a very pretty home!









This next home is the "Ohian" model and is a two story. This builder opened up the ceiling to make a balcony/catwalk in the second story. The kitchen is really nice as well with a huge island than serves as a dining table.





 Here are two of the other homes but I only got shots of the kitchens. These kitchens were completed by Hurst, Total Home, Inc. and I think they did a particularly great job on the material selection and implementation.



 I hope this sneak peak has whetted your appetite! Now go see them in person this weekend! They're open on Friday from 12-9, Saturday 12-9 and Sunday 12-6. Admission is free!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Laura









2 comments:

  1. I have to say your bedroom is my favorite. Swooning over the stylish chevron headboard and gorgeous brass table lamps!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! The headboard looks terrific and I love the black trunk!

    ReplyDelete