Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Cozy Indoor Picnic

Today is my husband's birthday but yesterday I had a little picnic celebration for him. The original plan was to go to a park, but the weather was not cooperating. Instead of completely changing my plans (and feeling inspired from yesterday's post) I decided to set up our picnic in the living room in front of the fireplace. It was perfect!




(This was like our 15th attempt of getting a good family shot with Alfie. That little guy just will not sit still! Notice the pain/annoyance in our smiles)

That was my first time ever making chili and I think it turned out pretty good. I rarely cook but now that I'm married, I'm trying to be a good little housewife, haha. The mint chocolate chip cookies were amazing so I must share the recipe with you!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
INGREDIENTS:
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract (this was next to all the spices at the store)
6 to 8 drops green food color
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips  ( I found tollhouse chocolate chips already mixed with mint chips)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment