Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How to Make Tissue Paper Pom-Poms

I've had several people ask me lately how I made the Tissue Paper decorations for Beth's Bridal Shower. I got the idea from Martha Stewart's website.

They were actually super easy and cheap - just $1 each. I bought a small package of tissue paper for each one (10 sheets). Each pack was a different color but I suppose you could make multi-color ones with a variety pack of tissue paper. That could be kinda cool.

So this is how I made them:

Step 1

Stack 8-10 (depends on how full you want them) 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.


Step 2

Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire (plain ol' bread ties work too!) in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.


Step 3

Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.


Step 4

Bend wire into a loop to fit around napkin, and twist end around loop to secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment