Monday, July 25, 2011

50's Housewife Themed Bridal Shower


Over the weekend I hosted a Bridal Shower for my little sis who's getting married August 6th. Yep, that's less than a month before my own wedding! For her shower I wanted to do a fun theme so I settled on a 50's housewife theme. I carried the theme throughout everything; the invitations, decorations, food, favors, games, and even my clothing. Here's some highlights from the party. Lets start with the invitations:


For the party favors I bought old fashioned glass coke glasses......




And I stuffed then with striped straws and old fashioned candies like this:


We had several beautiful bouquets of flowers throughout the dining room, all of which were from my parent's garden.
As prizes I had a cake platter, baking dish, ice cream dish stuffed with sprinkles and a spoon, and more coke glasses only these were shaped like coke cans:


And finally, here's a view of the entire dining room. I'm on the left with Alfie, then Bethany, and my mom, Donna.
We decorated with my mom's apron collection hanging them by clothespins, of course :)


And look how cute these cupcakes are! I'm proud to say I made these myself :) My mom was in charge of the rest of the food.


Here are some of the ladies:



And the bride-to-be :)
I think everyone had a good time and it was fun doing something like this for my sister. Anytime I get to decorate the house and/or get dressed up myself, I'm a happy camper. We also had fun playing a game I made up called "name that housewife" where I had pictures of housewives from various tv shows over the years. Teams earned points for naming the characters first name, last name, and the name of the tv show. Try these out!

4 comments:

  1. How cool! So sorry Amanda and I missed it. Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your pictures and family with us. I came her from Martha Stewart. I LOVE what y'all did, how great! I would LOVE to post a link back to your site soon when I make my party page on my blog, Smart Moms Saving Money. We are have my grand babies 3rd birthday this weekend and I have other parties I've given I wanted to add. Yours would be a great help to show people some great ideas that don't have to brake the bank. Also I LOVE your moms aprons, those are so sweet. I love aprons even though I don't collect them I would like too. The cupcakes were very pretty and just great over all. I hope your Beautiful sister has a very happy and life long marriage.
    God Bless,
    Laura
    http://smartmomssavingmoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find your invitations? I like them alot.

    ReplyDelete