Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Introducing.......




March 3, 2010


You may be wondering why my blog has a different name than the actual business I blog about. Here's the skinny: HappyRoost is my latest project - an offshoot of Laura Weimer Interior Design - and inspired by my love for all things vintage. HappyRoost.com will be an online furniture, accessories, and decor retailer that aims to provide a fun shopping atmosphere for you! We will carry one-of-a-kind accessories, hand created/refurbished furnishings, and unique vintage finds. The site will also feature a new concept in the world of shopping - all prices will be negotiable!

Hopefully this new site will help me reduce my inventory to a manageable size. Currently, my house, barn, garage, shed, and greenhouse all serve as storage! I have gathered and collected antiques since I was in elementary school; beginning with antique dolls, clothing, and dollhouse furniture spanning to my current obsession with mid-century modern pieces. It will also bring me one step closer to my eventual goal of opening my own store here in Dayton, Ohio.

In addition to my personal collection of oddities, I hope to include original artwork by local artists (perhaps with a few of my own thrown in) and fun gift items. I hope to have the site up and running by the end of March. It will start with just a few items added each week and we'll go from there! Please check in often to www.happyroost.com.

~Laura

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'd love to see what kinds of things you have to offer. You know my apartment needs some help in the 'interior design' department :)

    ReplyDelete